Third Party Certification of Vocational Training Courses
We are conducting Skill Assessment And Certification of students undergoing various short term Vocational Training Programmes, sponsored by Centre / State Govt. and others In order to do the bench marking of skill, it has become necessary to get the skill assessed by a third party, having industrial / institutional base.
Yuva Skill foundation – way
Benchmarking have been developed through consistent research, monitoring, feedback of training and assessment processes of vocational training and education system and on job assessment, through active participation of accrediting bodies and curriculum developers to assist employers, employees for skill Assessment and Certification.
Yuva Skill foundation promote an outcome-oriented Skill Assessment process follow the definite skill set of a particular training course curriculum properly highlighted with essential domains, assignments performance of trainees, trainers' feedback about skill acquired by trainee and skill- objective evaluation about knowledge base, practical competency level achieved.
Yuva skill Foundation participates as an active agency in assessment process in specialized skill assessment tests conducted as client need.
Few distinguishing advantages of Yuva skill Foundation assessment are:
- Conducts broad scale assessments for various training institutions. Pan India Operations.
- Tests conducted in both online and offline mode (as per course demand).
- On site assessments also incorporated by field visits by our Assessors.
- Established an educational body to refine and research the assessment processes to deliver quality outcome.
How we together will work…
The total assessment process will pass through several important stages as shown in fig.
- Course Curriculum Study & Skill Set Identification
- YSF work with guidance from experts of areas cognitive and adaptive psychology, vocational training, industry to work on vocational training course curriculum development and Skill Set Identification for a typical course.
- This will help to formulate the list of important professional outcome expected through training on each module of the course, its adaptability to current market I industry demands.
- Quantitative Skill Set Evaluation Draft Preparation.
- An assessment draft will be prepared consist of objective test question, few practical intensive questions designed strictly to reveal the Skill Attainment by candidates through various modules of the course during training.
- Vocational Skill training courses are merely prepared to have an hands on experience to ‘Perform’ the tasks through learning. An oral questionnaire to identify and execute the use of important tools and equipments through correct course of action.
- Following Safety procedure, Hygiene and Work-floor etiquettes and communication have.
- Assessment Schedule Planning
- Assessment is scheduled taking into account the time required for written, practical - demonstrative and oral test for each candidate. Small batch size for practical test is preferred for justified assessment.
- Flexible assessment schedule provide comfortable ambience to deliver best performance by candidates. Sunday, holiday and after work hours can be accepted for assessment for on-job candidates.
- Looking to need of course training, working location for candidates, and if feasible assessment can be arranged on work-site.
- Conduct Assessment
- Assessment of candidates undergone skill training will perform as per skeleton assessment draft.
- ‘Assessor’ - the person worked as assessment expert, academician, vocational training professional, or industry experience person in the industry sector in which the skills are imparted through the course training will conduct the assessment of candidates.
- Each candidate is assessed for skills acquired in the course and to quantify the attainment level in each essential skill set. Several aspects are also observed by assessor and recorded appropriately as necessary etiquettes of the industry.
- Assessor examines the objective questionnaire, record the quantified observations, verbal representation and prepare 'Skill Attainment Report' for each candidate.
- Assessment Result Publication
- The outcome of assessment will be published in the form of 'Skill Attainment Report’ that elaborates skill level attained at each major module of the course by the candidate. It will be made available to candidate online and in print form as per demand of training provider.
- Online support can be provided for 'skill assessment verification' for employers and industries.
- Certification & Reporting to Training Agency
- The qualified candidate will be awarded a Certificate that will be helpful for appearing for employment interview in industry, and can be used as recognition.
- Online support can be provided for 'certificate verification' by employers, industries and for any future needs.
- A comprehensive report on assessment process, candidate participation, assessment outcome, improvement suggestions will be submitted to training agency.
- As per future demand YSF will together work with training providers for Skill Up gradation level course formulation, industry demand survey from training and assessment agencies, employment of candidates and so on.
Our Frame Work to assess the trainee:
Each candidate will be assessed for knowledge, skills, behavior and aptitude. A broad structure will be as follows:
|Technical Skills, Generic Skills, Soft Skills
|Motor Coordination & Reasoning etc
|Motivation, Integrity & Self Management
Yuva Skill Foundation will innovatively use the following assessment methods to assess the potential candidate. Evidence against each will be captured and secured.
|Practical Assignments; Product Appraisal - checking quality of finished Product etc., Observation of performance & essentials
|Technical knowledge & understanding of the assignment & processes, Conceptual clarity
|Testing of Motor coordination, Numerical ability, Reasoning, Time, Management for the given task
|Motivation, Integrity & Self Management
The following tools are proposed to be used for final assessment:
- Written Test: This will comprise of (i) True / False Statements (ii) Multiple Choice Questions (iii) Matching Type Questions. Wherever possible, online system for this will be preferred.
- Practical Test: This will comprise a test job to be prepared by following appropriate working steps, using necessary tools, equipment and instruments. It will be possible to ascertain candidate's aptitude, safety consciousness, quality consciousness etc through observation. The end product/ the completed task will be measured against the pre-decided standards to gauge the level of his/her skill achievements.
- Structured Interview (VIVA): This tool will be used to assess the conceptual understanding and the behavioral aspects as regards the job role and the specific task at hand.